These savory and easy quiche style squares are a snap to prepare and bake, and they make a wonderful brunch or party appetizer. Serve with tomato salsa or marinara on the side for a fabulous snack or lunch.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, not crisp, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Cheddar Jack cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Canola oil
- 3 cups very thinly sliced zucchini, chopped
Heat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 13- x 9-inch baking pan.In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, Creole seasoning, thyme, and chopped onion.In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the oil. Add egg mixture to the dry mixture and stir until blended. Fold in the cheese and zucchini.
Spread in the prepared baking pan; bake for about 25 minutes, until set and lightly browned around the edges. Cool slightly and cut into squares.