Kitchen Tip of the Day = How to use a Microwave Rice Cooker
1. To cook rice, refer to package microwave directions. If package microwave directions are unavailable, a general guideline for four servings is 2 cups water to 1 cup rice. Fill cooker with water and rice. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 5 minutes; reduce to MEDIUM (50% power)15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
2. Place clear inner lid into base with outer rim upright. Set lid on top of cooker aligning lid tabs with handles. Pull locks up and over tabs to click in place.
3. Place cooker in microwave and follow package directions to begin cooking. Microwave ovens vary; adjust times and power levels as needed, beginning with shorter cooking times.
4. Remove from microwave with heat-resistant oven mitt or pad. Release locks from tabs. Caution: Steam will build during cooking. Using a heat-resistant oven mitt or pad, lift lid toward you, allowing remaining steam to escape away from you. Insert a utensil in center hole, lift clear inner lid toward you.
5. Refer to microwave manufacturers instruction manual for more information on cooking other foods.