Here’s an easy truffle recipe.
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces (about 2 cups) fine semisweet chocolate (70-85% cacao)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (or your favorite liqueur: optional)
- 1/4 cup top quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- Bring the cream to a boil in a heavy medium saucepan and remove from heat. Add the chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the vanilla. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl. Cover and chill until firm, about 3 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Drop the mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the waxed paper. Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Place the cocoa powder. Hand-roll the truffles into balls.
- Cover with plastic; keep chilled until ready to serve. The truffles can be made up to two weeks ahead: if storing for more than a day, keep in an airtight container so the truffles don’t absorb other flavors from the refrigerator.