Quiche for Sunday brunch? Fill the flakiest pie crust with basic quiche ingredients; eggs, cheese, cream, broccoli, ham and onions, and what do you have? The best Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Quiche ever! Easy broccoli quiche – It’s what’s for breakfast!
- 1) unbaked 10″ deep dish pie crust, crimped and fluted a little higher than the pan.
- 1 1/2 cups total of shredded cheddar, parmesan and/or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup onions, diced small
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 pound diced cooked ham, pancetta or bacon
- 5 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups half & half
- 1 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 2 Tablespoons Dill seasoning
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1)Steam broccoli and set aside. Sauté onion and garlic together.
2) Spread the cheeses over the bottom of the unbaked crust, then the ham, broccoli, onions and garlic on top of the cheeses. This would also be the time to add any other veggies and/or cooked meats you want to substitute.
3) In a mixing bowl, using a hand-held mixer or a whisk, combine eggs, half & half, salt, nutmeg and one Tbsp dill together until mixed well. Pour liquid over the veggies and meat very carefully so as not to disturb the fillings. Sprinkle the rest of the dill over the top.
4) Very carefully, place the quiche on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 -60 minutes, more or less, or until knife comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes before slicing.
5) Cool completely before wrapping and refrigerating any leftovers…if there are any!
Serves 8 regular people or 2 if Scott is eating it!