These tasty scalloped potatoes are creamy and delicious with onions and seasonings.
SERVES = 6
- 6 thinly sliced potatoes (4 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 dash Paprika
- Peel and slice potatoes
- Chop Onion
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
- Add chopped onion and cook 1 minute
- Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
- Pour half of sauce over potatoes.
- Repeat with second layer of potatoes and sauce.
- Top with some paprika for color.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350F. Let stand 5 to 10 minute before serving.
- 20 servings = 4x order $10 shopping = $20 to order per batch