Save yourself time tomorrow with a few do-ahead steps today for a very Happy Thanksgiving meal.
- Stuffing can be made and refrigerated overnight.
- Vegetables can be chopped, cheese grated and spices or seasonings can be measured out the day before.
- Wash, dry and store lettuce in a resealable plastic bag today for the salad tomorrow.
- Make it a potluck! You couldn’t possibly cook everything yourself, so divide it up. Send out a list of dishes needed and start enlisting relatives to help out, it’s what they’re there for!
- Turkey time crunch? Try roasting the stuffing outside of the turkey if you’re in a pinch; the turkey will cook faster!
- Burnt gravy? Don’t throw it out! Instead sprinkle in a little sugar to counteract the bitteress.
- Get Active – After you eat, don’t allow the fam to go into a food coma. Appoint someone to be “Activities Coordinator” or talk your guests into a nice sunset walk to kickstart your metabolism and burn off some of this heavy meal.
- Handling the Kids – Put them to work for you, with setting the table and other simple tasks. When it’s time to eat, let them have a separate table, and appoint the eldest as responsible for the whole group. If there are young kids consider serving them earlier to avoid crankiness and tantrums.
- Running out of fridge space? Take the beverages out on a bed of ice! This way they are cool, accessible, and don’t take up precious space!