This is my Father’s favorite meal. He loves fresh salmon, especially when he used to take the boat out past the Golden Gate and catch the fish himself. Of course, I was always seasick from the waves.
Salmon is a well-rounded fish. You can make it a million and one different and tasty ways and it is really easy to prepare. One of the classic ways to cook salmon is by barbecuing it either on a grill over an open flame or in the oven.
Click on Photo for recipe
1. Combine all sauce ingredients in a Small Batter Bowl.
1. Prepare the salmon steaks. You can find good cuts of salmon at most grocery stores, generally the best cuts are the large ones that can be cut down into individual steaks after you cook them. To prepare the salmon simply lay the cut on a plate and coat with the sauce into the steaks.
2. Preheat the grill or oven. If you are planning on using your oven to grill them then set it to high-broil at about 400 degrees. Otherwise heat up your BBQ grill to medium-high and allow it to preheat for at least ten minutes.
3. Cook and baste the salmon steaks. Once your oven or grill is ready for cooking (about 400 degrees) you can grill the salmon. Lay the salmon on the grill and baste generously with the sauce. Allow it to cook for about five-seven minutes and the flip. Baste the other side with sauce and allow it to cook for an additional five minutes.
4. Remove skin, serve and enjoy delicious BBQ salmon. Remove the salmon from the grill or the oven and place on a plate. The skin will generally crisp and be easy to remove. Allow to cool for a few minutes and peel the skin from the underside of the salmon. Lightly baste with sauce, serve and enjoy.