Turn holiday leftovers into after-holiday delights with these simple ideas!
Cranberry Relish and Sauce
- Blend with your favorite mustard and spread on leftover turkey sandwiches.
- Spoon over yogurt and granola for a delicious and healthy treat.
- Add to vinaigrette dressing and serve over peppery greens, like arugula or kale, to create a delicious winter salad.
- Heat with a touch of Grand Marnier liqueur for an incredible ice cream or pound cake topping.
- Heat with a cabernet wine and serve as a sauce with chicken or pork.
Canned Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Add to oatmeal and top with a little cinnamon. Pumpkin pie oatmeal!
- Create an out-of-this-world pumpkin smoothie. Mix with milk and vanilla yogurt, then add a little cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and blend with a few ice cubes.
- Divide into ½-cup portions and freeze. Later, you’ll have just the right amount to add to waffle or pancake batter.
More Timely Tips
- Wine only lasts for a few days after the bottle is open. Freeze the leftovers in ice cube trays. It will be ready to add to soups or sauces. One cube equals about two tablespoons.
- Chop stale, leftover bread into crumbs and freeze. Thaw for use as a crunchy topping for fish or pasta, and for making meatballs or meatloaf.
- Freeze leftovers in individual portions. They make a tasty and budget-friendly alternative to store-bought frozen meals.